Missing BELAMUN

Some warm and inspirational words from Anton Dudko, delegate of Student's conference from Kyiv, who seems to start missing BELAMUN...

Hey, friends!

The High School Conference is upcoming and I definitely envy you :)


I am from Kyiv, Ukraine and I took part in the Students Conference in February, where I represented Belarus. It was wow!


For people who make BELAMUN it's really an important part of their life - you can see it all the time. They love it and try to improve every year. It also fascinates me how they manage to be creative: making cool press production, video clips, ceremonies and a lot of other.
Thanks to all of them for how they welcomed me and my friends! It left us with great memories.

BELAMUN gives something real. After this time I understand that when it's voluntary and no one is forcing us to speak, it can be even more fruitful. You realize that you have freedom, that all this is just a big space for our ideas, creativity and fantasy. Such conferences are made exactly for this - for learning and building up our skills. To do this is our task in these several days.

In young age we all have independent thought and unlimited power. This is why sometimes we can contribute even more than adults.

Another thing I noticed about BELAMUN is that it gives everyone opportunity to try self in different roles: as a delegate, as a committee chair, press staff, or even to join the team of organizers. It is great because it teaches to be multifunctional and do diverse jobs.
For example, I can see that a lot of participants who were in my committee in winter, are now the Chairs of your conference. Listen to them well! They are clever :)

What I found a little weird about BELAMUN is how official and unofficial stuff mix together during this event. One moment you are in suits and ties, using polite phrases, next thing you see is these guys speaking Russian, having fun and dancing around o_O

Debate as much, amend as much, doubt and contradict.
Remember that truth is born in holywars ^_^
Try to do your best of every minute on BELAMUN!


Be great!

Anton Dudko, Kyiv

No comments:

Post a Comment